TopCats Bikes Thread

yes, when u first start it and its idle it'll go duff duff duff duff duff.
i don't think its a bike term ,just how i describe a 4 stroke bike..
i call 2 strokes a bee in a can bikes...
Post automatically merged:

Mate i despatched one of those things, they are screamers lol nowt happens until 10k :ROFLMAO:

It's a paralell twin 1200cc 4 stroke duff duff that rips yer flippin arms out there sockets lol, it even makes Thumper look slow up to about 135, then Thumper clears off lmfao
yea i know ,very high revin. u had to keep em high to get the most outta them.
i loved it but the valves had a habbit of bending :rolleyes:

as for the triumph ,i bet it does..i need to come hear that at some point.

Reactions: Mako and TopCat1127
ok so it seems this bike has been crashed, altho i'm guessing it wasn't recorded, due to the fact it's been rebuilt by a spanner weilding monkey!!!!!
It's getting stripped of exhausts and wheels etc then rebuilt by me as i dont trust anything now, the top yoke was entirely loose, the fairing has been bodge repaired and painted (one side at least lol the other side they didnt bother!)
The exhaust has been assembled by a blind person with one arm lol clamps not lined up, or tightened up, and frankly i've not even started on the important bits yet!

• Haha
Reactions: shirtyzeus
Is this the one with the loose head stock?

Thank whatever deity you worship that you trailered it home instead of driving it like most car buyers would. You need to insepct everything, like you've just bought a house owned by a DIY fanatic.

• Haha
Reactions: TopCat1127
You mentioned that yesterday. I can't imagine investing that much money and just... not fitting it properly. What is wrong with people?

Did you sort it?

Bonkers mate, the worst bit was that it had been gripfilled to the floor! Luckily my ex bro in law had already started on it when i turned up, so we got it done between us

Gripfilled? I don't know what that means. Leaned over to the point that the handlebars graze the road maybe?

::EDIT:: Oh, we were talking about the floor again. Yeah no that's crap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
ok so it seems this bike has been crashed, altho i'm guessing it wasn't recorded, due to the fact it's been rebuilt by a spanner weilding monkey!!!!!
It's getting stripped of exhausts and wheels etc then rebuilt by me as i dont trust anything now, the top yoke was entirely loose, the fairing has been bodge repaired and painted (one side at least lol the other side they didnt bother!)
The exhaust has been assembled by a blind person with one arm lol clamps not lined up, or tightened up, and frankly i've not even started on the important bits yet!
so u now got some exiting work to do tony, u wouldn't have been happy if it was perfect and needed nothing u know.

i watch with interest now and hope to see some triumph bike stuff being fixed (y) 😁

Reactions: mabo
I discovered after purchase that my GSX 1400 had been dropped. I could never figure out why my Speedo was so inaccurate.
Because the clocks were off a 1200 bandit, I figured this out after I sold it.
I took it across the channel France, Switzerland, Luxembourg and German autobahn. So alls well really.
I‘d love another but it was heavy and I don’t think I could cope with that now.

Well i'm this deep into it now lol cat has been removed and an X pipe (you wouldnt believe me if i told you 🤣) is on its way to delete it. Trying to find another fairing but 🤞 on that one for friday. Front brakes have been cleaned and serviced so all the pipes and brackets will be cleaned and polished before reassembly. Gonna take a while......

DSC_2913.JPG

DSC_2914.JPG

DSC_2915.JPG

it looks very clean in there, im gona be completely dumb now but i take it thats a coolant radiator in front of the engine...yet it has fins on the engine...is it both :LOL:

Hence my comment lol so no it's not a dumb question, a lot of stuff on this bike is to mimic the old ones yet be new school and up to date lol it has a catalytic converter (well it did lol) lambda sensors, throttle bodies, 3 riding maps, ABS (switchable) and traction control.

Right so now you're thinking wtf lol the exhaust is diverted into the cat box under the front of the motor, and is then diverted back out into the silencer, the missing bit is hidden by a very well disguised trim panel which looks like the exhaust pipe. The cat can be deleted, using an X pipe, and the ECU can be forced to re learn itself once it's been installed.

As for the cooling, yes it is water cooled, cunningly disguised as an oil cooler lol, and the 'Fins' are actually just for looks altho i guess they do aid cooling a little.

Clever these Brits eh :cool: 👌;)😁🇬🇧
Post automatically merged:

Capacity1200cc
Bore x Stroke97.6x80mm
Engine layoutParallel twin
Engine detailsSOHC, 8v, liquid-cooled
Power96bhp (72kW) @ 6750rpm
Torque82.6lb-ft (112Nm) @ 4950rpm
Top speed120mph
Transmission6 speed, chain final drive
Average fuel consumption61mpg
Tank size14.5 litres
Max range to empty (theoretical)186 miles
Reserve capacity24 miles
Rider aidsABS, switchable TC, three riding modes
FrameTubular steel twin cradle, aluminium swingarm
Front suspension41mm KYB forks (Showa BPF forks)
Front suspension adjustmentNon-adjustable (fully-adjustable)
Rear suspensionTwin KYB shocks (Öhlins)
Rear suspension adjustmentAdjustable preload (fully-adjustable)
Front brake2 x 310mm discs, two-piston Nissin calipers. (Brembo four-piston calipers). ABS
Rear brake220mm disc, two-piston caliper. ABS
Front tyre120/70 - ZR17
Rear tyre160/60 - ZR17
Rake/Trail22.7°/90.8mm (22.8°/92mm)
Dimensions2105mm x 745mm 1030mm (LxWxH)
Wheelbase1415mm
Ground clearancen/a
Seat height805mm (810mm)
Kerb weight206kg (203kg) (dry)

Reactions: shirtyzeus
Dont go there lol just been sorting out the floor in kanes new place thanks to some muppet not fitting expansion cork to a £1000 floor! (20mm oak planks!) Just why??? Lol
Ive seen corks sheeting as sub floor to carpet. As underlay material.
Thinking more it was maybe under Lino, probably to stop the planks showing through to the Linoleum.

I had it in a house I owned. Carpet had been laid on top of the original lino, the cork sheeting was under the lino throughout the house.
I left it there, it was insulation so what’s not to like. Unless you want to expose the floorboards, not something I’ve ever done.
I’ve seen single ply cardboard ( not the corrugated stuff ) and newspaper too.

Hardboard if the floors are really poor, usually done with thin ply now.

Got most of the Thruxton back together last night, even managed to bump start it in 2nd (bloody stupid ecu controlled starters lol, battery was just borderline!!) Gave it a little run up the field, and god this thing pulls like a flippin freight train! Lol hopefully get the fairing fitted tomorrow so i can get it out for a proper ride, altho i still have a few things to check :cool:

Reactions: backseateducation
Checks were carried out, suspension set up and fairing fitted :cool:

441875700_10220635881481749_997302701644741790_n.jpg

441880432_10220635882001762_4438846708150140815_n.jpg

So it was taxed online for 6 months and then road tested, and oh boy was it ever road tested 😁😁😁😁😁😁

What a machine lol very neutral on the handling, bit twitchy on the throttle thanks to fly by wire, and the brakes!!! OMG the brakes lol Brembo M50 monoblocs that stand this thing on its nose in a split second, and then theres the noise..................... I mean after fitting this little thing (Black Widow X pipe decat)

441870984_10220628716422627_2754247443402618542_n.jpg

Had a 90 mile test ride today, and wow, so glad i bought this :cool::cool::cool:👌

441887116_10220637088511924_3066223862045981493_n.jpg

Altho i got to admit, I was a tad worried for a bit lol